The New Orleans Exchange Centre was originally built by Chevron Corporation as their southern headquarters. Kingfish Development, L.L.C. purchased the property in 2010 and are committing to a total renovation with the vision of a luxurious business center in the heart of the Central Business District (CBD) of New Orleans.
The New Orleans Exchange Centre is part of the momentum of downtown New Orleans. Its anchor tenant, The New Orleans Receivables Exchange, is emblematic of the innovative e-commerce and technology based companies that are locating in The New Orleans Exchange Centre and throughout the metro area.
Business and governmental organizations have initiated many new developments that are in close proximity to the property:
- Total Renovation of the Roosevelt Hotel by The Waldorf Astoria
- Development of the Bio district similar to Houston’s Medical Center
- Development of the new LSU AND VA Medical Complex
- Renovation of “The Saratoga” into 21 Stories of Upscale Apartments
- A new streetcar line on Loyola Avenue
- Redevelopment of the 225 Baronne Building adjacent to Exchange Centre
- Redevelopment of The Theatre District
- 1000 New Downtown Residential Units
- Expansion of The Port Of New Orleans
- Expansion of The Arts District
- Development of Champion Square by The Mercedes-Benz Superdome